Support After Reproductive Loss?
Are you or someone you know struggling after reproductive loss?
Women and men deserve unwavering support after reproductive loss. We are here to help!
Grief & Healing
Grief is a natural part of being human. And experiencing grief and strong emotions is common after reproductive loss.
Healing after reproductive loss is a process of emotional, psychological, and sometimes spiritual healing that some individuals may seek after loss. Healing typically involves receiving support, counseling, or therapy to help process emotions and underlying roots.
People’s experiences and emotional reactions to reproductive loss can vary widely, and not everyone will feel the need for healing or counseling. However, for those who do, there are various resources and compassionate, non-judgmental providers available to assist in the healing process.
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to healing after reproductive loss. Nor is it one-and-done. The goal is to help individuals move forward in a healthy and emotionally balanced way filled with hope toward the future.
Healing after pregnancy loss involves working through your emotions, grieving your losses, sharing your story, and finding freedom. Finding the right support FOR YOU is key to achieving hope, peace, and healing.
WHERE TO GO FOR HELP
FOR AFTER-ABORTION SUPPORT
Support After Abortion connects women and men who desire help with grief and emotions after abortion with resources and providers who best meet their needs. That may be virtual, in-person, or self-guided. It may be religious or secular, one-on-one or group, counseling or peer facilitated, English or Spanish.
- Support After Abortion
- Abortion Healing Provider Directory
- Healing for Men
- Healing for Women
- Self-Guided Healing Programs
FOR SUPPORT AFTER MISCARRIAGE, STILLBIRTH, INFANT OR CHILD LOSS
- Hope After Loss (pregnancy and infant loss support for men and women)
- Miscarriage Hurts (support groups, books, memorial resources offered by Institute of Reproductive Grief Care)
- Postpartum (support for pregnancy, infant, or child loss)
- Tommy’s (informational website for miscarriage, stillbirth, neonatal/infant loss)
- The Miscarriage Map: What To Expect When You Are No Longer Expecting (book for miscarriage by Dr Sunita Osborn)
- Hope After Loss (book for miscarriage by Michaelene Fredenburg & Carol Porter)
- M.E.N.D (Mommies Enduring Neonatal Death) (miscarriage, infant loss, neonatal death resources and support groups – both in-person and virtual, Christian)
- NechamaComfort (virtual one-on-one and group support for early miscarriage through one-year infant loss, Jewish)
- Share Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support (baby loss support and resources, support groups – virtual or in-person in St. Louis area, Christian)
- Umbrella Ministries (list of local support groups across the U.S. by and for moms who have experienced baby/child loss, Christian)
FOR SUPPORT AFTER ADOPTION PLACEMENT
- Bethany Christian Services (support for birth mothers who have placed their child(ren) for adoption, religious)
- Brave Love (list of support groups and resources for birth parents who have placed their child(ren) for adoption, includes both religious and secular)
- Sit Knee to Knee (support groups for birth mothers who have placed their child(ren) for adoption, includes both religious and secular)
- Weaving Threads (clinical therapy for birth mothers who have placed their child(ren) for adoption, secular)
Disclaimer: Support After Abortion does not render medical or clinical advice nor endorse specific professionals or programs.